Thursday, January 10, 2008

Thursday already?

Today we went to the doctor. Her lungs are clear now (I knew that, no labored breathing) and her ears looks good too. Woohhoo! She is going from 8 breathing treatments a day to just one, as a preventative. I am picking up an extra prescription of her breathing meds that I'll use at the first sign of a wheeze but I hope I don't have to use it! She has an ultrasound scheduled on Monday to check out the tubes from her kidneys to her bladder. She might have a condition (that she'll outgrow) where when she pees, it squirts back up and drips down again. In that process it will grow bacteria. If she does have this condition she'll take a low dose antibiotic everyday until she grows out of it. I am glad its an easy fix!

This is my baby in her stylin hat and new sweater. How cute is she?

Check out the pudgy little chin hehe She weighed in at 19.5 today :)

I've been on leave for a month now. I have two months to go. I can't believe how fast the first month went!

I am sort of proud of my creation! I bought several nice flatfold diapers and I just can't figure out how to cram those into a diaper wrap. They are HUGE and they stick out. When a diaper sticks out, it leaks, simple as that.

So I bought a really nice robe at a yard sale for $2, it didn't even looked used. It is looped cotton on one side and brushed velour like on the other side. 100% cotton makes great diapers. I was able to cut it up and make 12 hourglass diapers from it. Well, I've cut 12, and one is done!

I used a soft polar fleece to trim it out because it provides a water barrier. It's all cut out by me and hand sew. It's crooked and you can see the stitches. But I made it for my kiddo's little blue hiney and I'm rather proud of myself!

(btw, the baby's hiney is one big mongolian spot!)

They are very thick, see the extra strip I sewed in the middle?

The soft velour side goes on her hiney.

She loves her Fisher Price toys!

I have to go sew more diapers, goodnight!

7 comments:

OziMum said...

Far out, Lady, you are the bomb! Is there no end to your talent?!!

kristie said...

that's awesome, kim! you did a great job and to think you made 12 out of a $2 robe. you are inspiring me to make something with what i have this weekend...(not diapers, lol)...but something useful...

a soldier's wife said...

Oh gosh! I haven't been very faithful to the blogs lately, and I'm so excited to see that you and Natalie are together now :) She is beautiful and I hope the medical problems you mentioned she outgrows easily.
You did a wonderful job on the diapers from the robe. So talented :)

K said...

Yes, oh YES! A single adoptive mom using cloth diapers, and... you made them yourself! I am the creator of the PooPockets diaper pattern so, of course, I'll be sewing all my daughter's diapers. I just found your blog today and look forward to reading it. If you have any questions about diapers, covers, etc..., please feel free to email me. I'd love to get to *know* you!

K said...

I just read some of your night diapering woes and wanted to share something I just discovered with one of my daycare boys who leaks tremendously during naps:

Put on two thin diaper covers, the first one put on the right way and the second on put on backwardsso that the baby's front is covered quite high up. On the boy I'm doing this on, I use the Bummi wraps.

Kelley said...

You are very clever, and super-talented! Gotta love those little blue butts...Chloe has one, too!

I'm so glad that Natalie is doing better!

Eliza2006 said...

I really wish I would have at least tried cloth diapers with Eliza. Good for you!

Tiffany