Saturday, January 19, 2008

Some of the best things ARE free...

And the rest is $47 :)

Today there was a really huge swap meet sort of thing at a local church. The catch? It was free. No really, it was. I wasn't expecting such a huge amount of stuff, thousands of things.

So of course I run to the baby section. Just missed getting another exersaucer (scooter gets bored I think, I am looking for another one to swap out every couple of days) but we got a walker. Remember the things before exersaucers? I didn't even think they made them anymore but after a clorox wipe, it looks new. I guess someone is still making them :)

Ok, not to sound like a major free loot hog, let me just tell you of my finds! 6 cloth diapers, 3 flannel blankets to cut up for wipes, 2 thermal blankets, a winter coat for next year (sooo cute), 2 velour jogging suits in pink, a plaid dress, a blue sweater, a gymboree by the sea dress! I about died! Ok, onward, a picture frame, a soft cloth book, a pink babiesrus bear, a baby einstein little book toy, a fisher price small toy, a frog pillow head thingy, several shirts for my dad, a frog teether thingy, a panda, overalls, a dora christmas outfit, a ralph lauren jumper, 3 three piece baby bikini set, a green summer purse, a bag of alphabet magnets for the fridge and a much needed white crib sheet!

So I start to feel guilty, but the helpers there were giving me things left and right. I guess it helps bringing your baby with you, she is such a ham. There is suppose to be another one sometime this summer and they were like come, please come! More free stuff? Ok if I HAVE to! ha!

Whew, ok so after that buzz, we went to McDs and scooter had pancakes. And charmed the whole place. She likes men, especially if they have beards. She'd take a bit of pancake, flirt, take a bite, flirt...I'm in trouble!

Then we head to the mall. I wanted to check out Gymboree and get some panda stuff (so love that panda stuff!) They just had one pair of teeny tiny shoes. So sad!

But I did get her an outfit for next year. I got a pair of jeans, a top, leggings and hairbows. $25.00 - ouch compared to just a few hours prior. The to baby gap where she got a pair of skinny jeans, two pairs of close fitting jammies and a nightgown. The nightgown and one pair of jammies were size 4, when they are just $3 and $4, you buy bigger sizes for later on. Total spent on all the clothes was $47 :)

And of course in Kim fashion, I took pictures of the new clothes!



TADA!

3 comments:

Sue said...

HI Kim......love reading your blogg, in case you didnt know gymboree.com has your Panda stuff on sale under newborn girl. I just ordered and received some really cute items from this line.

take care
Sue
lid 4-29-06

Michelle said...

Wow! That was a major score. I know of a church in our area that does the same thing every few months. By the way, she is adorable!

Shawnstribe said...

oh she is a poppet!!!!
love
Shawn and Aila Mei