Monday, January 07, 2008

Monday Update

Ok, I know my titles are so boring. I am running out of creative steam here!

First things first. I did buy the poor baby some clothes today. I got a cute pink striped sweater for a whole $6. It is a long skinny 18 month that I am going to let her wear almost like a dress now over cords and like a regular sweater next year. I love how long it is, pictures will be posted soon!

She also got 4 new sleepers:
What baby doesn't want shiny PJs? They were about $7 each shipped and are the great Carters ones that fit her so well. I got two of each color, that way I don't have to stress about laundry so much. That gives her 6 pairs. At the rate she dirties clothes, that is about 3 days worth.

Grandpa comes over every day! This is Miss Natalie decked out in her best kitty cat gear. She had a kitty on her shirt and kitties on her shoes. Wiggle worm wouldn't let me take a picture on the sofa.


I love my Gpop!


The cloth diapers are going well I think. Someone asked me how I could stand something so gross, but it really doesn't bother me a bit. I am learning as I go, I had two leaks today. One when she woke up, I should of used a nighttime doubler. I had another leak with a bad wrap I think. The wraps are used and should work ok, but out of 20 of them, I am sure one or two won't work like I want. I'll try it again, if it leaks (and when I say leak, it is really damp) I'll toss it since I paid a buck for it. Tonight I experimented. All the diapers are new and I have just a couple of new wraps. I did a smooth cotton fitted (as opposed to the others that are a textured weave) and I did it in the larger size. I also added a doubler that I made for her, fleece on the tushie side and two layers of terry cloth on the other side. Fleece is a liquid repellent, the terry underneath will pull the pee through into the diaper and she should be dry in the morning on top. I then used a new wrap in a larger size and tada! You have to love a fat little diaper butt lol

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim,
Thanks for the comment on our site. Glad to see your home and everything is going well.
BTW, we use cloth diapers too... they're great once you figure out what works for you.
Danielle

kristie said...

i commend you for using cloth diapers. back when i was a baby there were no pampers and my parents survived just fine (there weren't even diaper services!).