Sunday, April 20, 2008

Meal Plan Week of April 21st

I am not sure why I keep doing these meal plans lol. Out of all the meals last week, we did red beans and rice 2 nights, sandwiches, french toast, Arbys and last night we actually had peas and cheerios. Yup, peas and Cheerios for dinner - what the baby wants, the baby gets! Tonight was at least a good meal, the spaghetti turned out pretty good :)

Ok so let's try again. Here are the seven meals for next week:
Cheesy chicken breasts - recipe from http://thehappyhousewife.com/
Taco Bake
Stroganoff
Perch
Soup beans and cornbread
Corn Casserole (going to puree a can of chickpeas to add to this for protein)
Hummus and wheat crackers

My shopping list for the week will be...
Milk
1 can cream-style corn
1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
1 can whole kernel corn, drained
2 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
2 boxes of corn muffin mix
2 cans of chickpeas
1 can olives
1 garlic clove
parmesan cheese
2 onions
wheat crackers

I have fresh fruit and meat already. I have $25 left in the grocery budget, I think I can buy what I need for that. I also have 22 $2 off any Ken's dressing coupons that I will be cashing in. I paid $12 for them off of ebay so it's like paying 55 cents a bottle.

1 comment:

The Happy Housewife said...

Wow- peas and cheerios. That is one exceptional combination! You menu looks great this week, hope you can stick with it!
Toni
http://thehappyhousewife.com