Tuesday, April 14, 2009

So Disapointed

They countered at a ridiculous counter so I told them where to go. Actually I told my Realtor to tell them and if she was uncomfortable with that type of language I'd be happy to call myself!

We went to look at a monster of a house in the good part of town today. What a dump. It was owned by an old couple who hadn't worked on it in the 30 years they had owned it. It would need all the walls redone (wall paper removed and paint) and all the floors except for the foyer and den would have to be redone. The baths would need to be gutted and the kitchen would need some serious work. The LR, den, kitchen, dining room, master and 1.5 baths were on the main level. Downstairs there were three more bedrooms, 1 full bath and two huge unfinished areas. But it would be more work than the last place. We would have tons of indoor space (3300 SF) with a yard that went straight down because this house was practically on a mountain. No garden for me, no swingset for the baby. So I'll keep looking. blah

3 comments:

kristie said...

something will eventually come along!

Chani's Bow Making Mama said...

Sorry it didn't work out for you. I was hoping to hear that you got it.

K said...

What a bummer! I'm sorry to hear this. How many people tell you, "It wasn't meant to be" or "Something better will come along?" I certainly didn't feel comforted by these words, so I'll wish you Happy Hunting instead.