Last night, after being wired from drinking WAY too much tea, I stumbled across a Disney Hints website. I started checking out the forums and they were talking about reservations for food. Silly me, I thought I could just walk up to a place and eat there?
So after a sleepless night (mostly of me running through Disney chasing characters, I REALLY need to lay off the tea) I called at the crack of dawn to make our dining reservations.
For those of you who missed the promo, Disney was giving away free food for our Sept trip which is one of the reasons we could afford it. 6 nights at the Pop Century, 6 days of park tickets and 6 days of food (6 dinners, 6 lunches, 6 snacks, 1 planey hollywood meal) for $470 each.
But listen to what we can eat while we are there!
Lunches are things like roasted chicken, burgers, ribs and salads.
Dinner #1 Tonys
- Crispy Calamari tossed with olive relish and drizzled with caper aioli
-NY Strip Steak with roasted potatoes, mushrooms, caramelized onions, and spinach tossed in a warm pancetta vinaigrette, topped with red wine gorgonzola butter
-Caramelized Apple Cake - Caramelized heirloom apples with cinnomon gelato and a warm sour cherry sauce
Dinner #2 O'hana Polynesian Buffet
Fried Wontons served with peanut sauce, chimichurri sauce and harissa
Mixed greens with a honey-lime dressing
Spicy-sweet and sour shrimp
Honey-coriander chicken wings
Marinated Sirloin Steak
Asian Barbecue Pork Loin
Mesquite Grilled Turkey
Hawaiian Pork-sausage with pineapple terriyaki glaze
Maui Scalloped Potatoes
Dinner #3 Le Cellier
- Shrimp Cocktail - wasabi slaw and horseradish chili sauce
- Le Cellier Mushroom Filet Mignon - wild mushroom risotto, white truffle and herb beurre blanc, topped with fried parsnips (we are big steak eaters)
- Happiest Celebration on Earth Chocolate Whiskey Cake - chocolate cake brushed with whiskey, layered with chocolate mousse, finished with orange marmalade
Dinner #4 Hollywood and Vine - Fantasmic Package
This is a standard buffet, probably very similar to Golden Coral but done in a Disney style. They save us a place in line for Fantasmic, that is why we are eating here!
Dinner #5 - Chefs de France
- Tartare de saumon legerement fume, sauce moutarde - Tartare of raw salmon lightly smoked with cucumber dill and honey mustard sauce
- Jarret d'agneau, servi avec une polenta cremeuse - lamb shank with creamy polenta and fresh tomato compote
Dinner #6 - Mama Melrose's with Fantasmic Package again :)
- Mozzarella and Tomatoes - with marinated sweet onions, balsamic drizzle, extra virgin olive oil and fresh basil
- Spicy Italian Sausage with rigatoni pasta, peppers, onions, and a tomato basil sauce topped with caprino cheese
- Honey Hazelnut and Ricotta Cheesecake with a blood orange sauce and dollop cream
Whew! That's quiet a list for someone who had a hotdog for breakfast!