Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Birthday Plans

I have been thinking a lot about Natalie's birthday on the 1st. I think I've decided not to do a big theme, but to plan better and have a themed something or other next year, when she is old enough to realize what is going on. We'll still do lunch and cake (and presents!) but I think I'll leave Elmo out of it for now.

She seems to be a chocolate fan so I am going to make a Heath bar cake. Haven't had it? OOOHH are you missing something!

First, bake a chocolate cake, really any kind you like in a regular old cake pan. Let it cool down a bit then stab the top of it about every inch with a kitchen knife but be careful and don't stab all the way down to the bottom. Pour a can of sweetened condensed milk all over the cake. Then grab a bottle of Smuckers caramel sundae topping and squirt half of that all over the cake (if you do the whole bottle you'll make yourself sick!). Then cover the top with a whole container of Cool Whip. Stick it in the fridge before you eat it to let all the sugar meet and marry. Right before serving, sprinkle half a baking bag of health bar bits all over the top. It is so good and one cake serves a LOT of people because you can't eat much at a time. I am going to dye the cool whip pink for the occasion and stick a candle in it. I know, it won't be a pretty decorated type cake but boy will it it be good!

I don't know what to do for a present yet. I am leaning towards a lego table of some kind but I can't seem to find one? Does anyone know where you buy that sort of thing?

1 comment:

OziMum said...

Oh my goodness!!! I'm totally drooling over your cake!!! Sounds scrumptious!!!