Tuesday, December 26, 2006

My 2007 Resolutions

I hope everyone had a very good Christmas. I got (and gave) all kinds of good loot. My movie buckets with Superman Returns and Pirates 2 went over well. I packaged them in little tubs and added candy and popcorn to them. Everyone "petted" their super duper fru fru fluffy blankets and seemed to like them. My mom really like her ladder and I think she'll be getting tools from me from now on (I can never find a screwdriver in her house and her hammer is sized for a 3 year old). I hope my angel tree girl enjoyed her stuff. I know there was too much clothing and not enough toys, but maybe buying some of the larger clothing items will free up some funds so her mom can get a toy that she know she'll love.

Anyway the 26th is the day I write down my goals. Last year it was organizing and sticking to my savings plans. I did organize a LOT so I think I met that goal. Savings wise, I was about 1K off, but that was because of beach trip #2 and beach trip #3 added to the Disney trip (I like the beach and it's taking all my willpower not to book a room for this weekend when it will be 73 & 70!). In the grand scheme of things, not too bad :)

So here it is for this year...

1. To behave myself $ wise until the end of March. I have a very good chance of meeting my savings goals if I can just be good (read- no eBay, no TJ Maxx - twitch twitch). Does the weekend beach trip count if I am driving back on the 1st? hehe

2. To cool it with buying things for Natalie. Heck I might even purge some stuff from her collection, she has too many toys. And I am going to get over redoing her room for the 3rd time. Pink is grand, the hearts are cute and I'm not changing it back to her original theme even tho red is cool and the quilt for that set is beautiful .

3. Use stuff up. Bath products, makeup, even stuff out of the freezer and pantry. Oh and gift cards, I have a bunch. I don't need bigger closets, I just need less stuff :)

I'm sure there is a lot more but these three are obtainable I think. Wish me luck!

No comments: