Wednesday, December 13, 2006

I swear I am trying to get it out of my system...

I am just really ticked about the new rules for China. I understand that I should be happy I have a LID and that I will be there next summer. But here's the kicker... I qualify under the new rules EXCEPT for being single.

Listen to this little tidbit from the U.S. Senate Health, Education, Labor & Pensions Committee ---

78 percent of families in 2002 are comprised of dual-income earners.

Did everyone catch that? And that's just 2002, who knows what it is now. Even if you are a dual parent household, that doesn't mean your kids won't be in daycare with mine.

That is what frustrates me and just ticks me off. I am not against marriage (if it works for you, I AM happy for you!), it's just not my thing. I am happy with my life and self sufficient, I just don't care for an entire country telling me I'm not worthy because I choose not to get married.

I know one stay at home mom. Just one out of the hundreds of women I know from...um...work.

No comments: