Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Flowers :)


Check out the nice surprise that came with the house. When you buy an old house, you get old fashioned flowers! It took a couple of months to close on the house (was in probate court because the previous owner didn't have a will) and I would come over and cut tons of flowers. I figured they were almost mine so it was ok :)

In about a week I'll have a hundred of these big peony blossoms :) Tonight I cut one of the three that had already opened so I could take it to work tomorrow :)

2 comments:

Doreen said...

Welcome home! You were missed! or was it just Natalie?????
Doreen in Montreal proud single Mom to Faith & Mia

Jenn @ Frugal Upstate said...

Be careful-ants love peonies! One trick I was told that seemed to work for me was to fill a bucket or bowl with water, then plunge the blossom down in the water and leave it there, outside, for about a half hour. The Ants will vacate and you won't wind up with unwanted visitors in your house. . .