Saturday, February 07, 2009

My House Update

I can't remember if I've mentioned on this blog or the spending blog that I have a renter for the house. She came by today to see it and likes it. It is larger than her current place and it's a house, not an apartment. I have mixed feelings about the whole thing, one I am super happy I'm not selling my house. Two, I'm jealous that someone gets to live in my house when I don't get too!

But I know she'll take care of it and I can continue to work on it. I have a lot of things to paint and I want to finish out the basement. She lived in her last place for 7 years so maybe she'll stay in mine that long.

Who knows if I'll ever live in it again but it's still mine...all mine! lol

Interesting tidbit on the stimulus plan:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090204/ap_on_go_co/congress_stimulus

The proposal would allow a tax credit of 10 percent of the value of new or existing residences, up to a $15,000 limit. Current law provides for a $7,500 tax break for the purchase of new homes only.

My new house budget is 150K (less than what was offered by the bank, they are nuts). The last one I really liked would of been in the 135K range. From what I've read you have to buy the house within a year of the bill being signed and you can use the credit.

So now I'm torn! I don't like the idea of all the money being borrowed. But now I'll probably be benefiting from it.

But anyway, I'm moving and the house is a big mess. I'm moving my kitchen loot over and putting Dad's in the yardsale...and I quote "Kitchen crap is a girl thing, will I still have dishes? Then I don't really care what shape or color they are." Funny thing is, my dishes are the same color as mine (white) but mine are plain, his has a Christmas design on it. And until I lived here, he didn't know the raised design on the plates were bells and holly! I have lovely new dish towels to go with my theme too. It's fun being a girl :)

No comments: