Sunday, July 08, 2007

Nursery Pics :)

Why I was crying:

Something that doesn't show well in the pictures are the waves of thickness where the paint was thin and runny in spots and very thick in others.

It's not like I can't paint, I have used up 50 cans of paint on this house easy (my dad says 100). Every surface has been painted by me at least once and has 3 coats on it. One of my first purchases was $1000 of paint from lowes when I bought the place. Enough said.

So I had to sand this down and apply a gray primer which I thought was pretty sharp against the white trim. Would look nice in an office!



Then new paint. It's a flat finish not satin and it went on evenly with the first coat. Here it is with two coats. Coat three is wet now and coat four is going on first thing tomorrow morning. Then I fix my messy baseboards, add trim at the ceiling and I'm done (for now!) :D

1 comment:

Elisa...life as we know it. said...

Yep the paint does look better.
I just saw your post on Vegas...wow you are so lucky!