So most of my composting worms showed up today (I ordered 2000, I think I got 500) and they are waking up from the cold and adapting to their new home.
I decided to just do one container for now. The bottom 3 inches is a combo of coffee grounds from work, banana peels, egg shells and apple peelings. Like 5 pounds of stuff. I figure the coffee grounds will rev them up and eat everything else faster! :)
The next 3 inches is made up of strips of damp newspaper. The instructions said to place them on top of the bedding in a dark place and it would take 24-48 hours for them to make it to the food. I decided to put them directly under a light and those little buggars took off. I've already got some hyper ones on the grounds.
I'll be nice and include the name George on all my worm posts to those of you with the heebie geebies can just skip them.