Sunday, June 28, 2009

House Hunting for My Mom

Count the "pies from left to right. Pie 1, is my neighbor across the street then over one lot (I don't have anyone directly across). Pie 2 & 3 shows a lower roofline. It is the house Mom and I are looking at for her. To get Natalie from here to Nana's, I would walk across the cul-de-sac, walk about 60 feet along the neighbor's pool fence and open her backdoor.

It is very convenient for me. Very unsettling for my Dad, even though it has been 20 years, does anyone really want their ex so close by? lol

Updated - the house is nice. It is slightly larger than my house but a lesser quality. Carpet (ugly carpet) instead of hardwood. No fireplace. No gas heating system or water filtration system. They paid a lot for it and they are trying to get their money out of it plus a lot (he lost his job, they HAVE to move). They have priced it 39K more than what I paid for my house and it is just 23 square feet bigger. I have a nicer lot too. Actually, they paid 4K more for it than I paid for this place in 1994 (so they are trying ot make 35K). So I wish them the best of luck, but it just isn't a deal (like when I walked into this place I knew it was a deal and that added to the decision on whether to buy it) and my Mom can't afford what they need out of it. Actually I really hope they sell it for the list price, that will add to the sell price of my house someday!

No comments: