Saturday, September 08, 2007

Saturday Fun

First, pictures of the kids:

Jack Jack eating his cantaloupe (is that how you spell it? What a weird looking word). I scrape the inside out for him and he eats it out of the "bowl" :)



Moneky-moo asleep. She sleeps best when she's sleeping on me. When I work remotely at home she is on my lap 95% of the time.



Today was farmer's market day. My dad and I went and we ran across a couple who were packing up. We got two boxes of tomatoes for $12. When I sorted them at home, there were 102 tomatoes, all about the size of your fist. Based on how much juice I got out of 25 of them, it was probably closer to 60 pounds. $12, crazy huh? The guy said they had picked 14 boxes that morning. I guess next year he'll stagger his plants a little bit.

Pretty tomatoes -worthly of a picture



Ohhhhhh the carnage! That is my new juicer. It is a $30 juicer, hence the mess. I think that the $150 models probably don't leak or spit juice in your face (I have seeds in my hair) but hey, it's $30. I ran the pulp through the juicer several times and got a great very very thick sauce that will make killer spagetti sauce. Oh, and I am not drinking that rum as I'm juicing the tomatoes, I am taking it on my next cruise lol



I went to Home Depot today to price out my kitchen. To keep a similar layout but adding a pantry, is about $3,000. I knew it would be about that. Installation is under $1K. Countertops are $500, sink $300, fridge $600, dishwasher $300, stove $500, microwave with vent $200, floor $200 (I would install). So for a minimal effort on my part I can have a new shiny kitchen for $6600. That is about what I thought it would cost, I am going to look around some to see if I can cut the price any. Since my kitchen is pretty small, I am going to check out the salvage store and see if they have enough cabinets to do my kitchen. If it was $3-4K, I'd go ahead now. That extra $ is stopping me, $6600 is just too much in my head, I guess I'll think about it some more.

No comments: