Wednesday, June 21, 2006

2nd House

I found out that I still have an active offer on a fixer upper house. I am the back up offer if the people in front of me get tired of waiting. The contract expires Oct 31st to give them enough time to go to court and fix the title (foreclosure).

Just a history of the house, I was the only bidding on the house with mortgage company #1 back in Dec. They found out the title was dirty 3 months later and weren't willing to clean it up and sold it to another company and just took it off the market and returned my check. Nice huh?

The new mortgage company listed the house with another realty company. I can see it when I drive to work and I saw people walking into it one day (people walking into MY house!!). I called my realtor and I had an offer in that day. Even though I bid more than the asking price (which BTW, was 7K less than my offer in Dec with the other company) I was second in line.

If I do get the house, and I still optimistic that I will, once fixed up, make 35-40K depending on repairs (notice the bad part on the roof). It will get all new paint, inside and out, a new gutted bathroom & kitchen and new windows. It will be cute when its done :)

1 comment:

Elisa, Jarrod & Thomas said...

Looks like a nice area from what I can see. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. You can't beat some renovations to keep your mind off an adoption wait!