Tuesday, April 25, 2006

More History...

Oct 18, 2005 - I sent my dossier to Carol at Dependable Courier and paid her $130 to take my docs to the State Department and the Chinese Consulate in DC. She is super nice and is really good about emailing me to let me know what is going on. She is an adoptive mom and knows how important all these papers are!Carol got my dossier yesterday and made the rounds and left my dossier at the Consulate. She will pick it back up on Monday and FedEx it back. I’ll have it on Tuesday and Living Hope will have it on Wednesday! WOOHHOOOO

And through all this, I’ve not mentioned the best part! We thought Carla and Ben were going to be a month behind us, but their 171H showed up really really early. So now it will be me, Kathy (who is having 171H issues, but WILL make it!) Carla and Ben. Half of Living Hope’s travel group will be leaving the Tri-Cities together :)

Oct 24, 2005 - Carol called and told me my home study was rejected at the consulate because of a typo in “The People’s Republic of China”. She is going to send it back to me so I can get a new version and re-authenticate it :(

Oct 27, 2005 - Home study is on it’s way to Nashville and my social worker and I have worked out an arrangement for the extra cost. To authenticate one document with same day service at the consulate is $118 with FedEx fees!

Success!
Our records indicate that the following shipment has been delivered:

Tracking number: 792429314299
Ship (P/U) date: Nov 3, 2005
Delivery date: Nov 4, 2005 13:33 PM
Recipient Information
Heather Hess
Living Hope Adoption Agency
3205 Meetinghouse Road
Telford, PA 18969

No comments: