Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Look at me getting all organized!

When you decide to bring a child into your life, the first thing you do is make a list of everything broken in your life. I own too much junk, I am too messy, I'm not organized enough.

So this is the time for me to get my act together, while I wait for my referral. This is just a baby step, but I am combining my notebook and my old "blog" into this new shiney one. I wanted a printable record that I could keep for my little one so she could have some insight to her mom. So here are some snippets of what has happened in the last year.

April 2004-June 15, 2005 - Waiting, shopping, whining about the wait, shopping to make it all better :) I met a new buddy, Kathy who was also single who is using Living Hope (hi Kathy!). Since we were activated together, our paperchases (as long as things go smoothly) will be completed at the same time. That means we will travel together and our little girls will be from the same orphanage! Carla (hi Carla!) and her hubby are also on the same timeline with Living Hope so it looks like the three (err four) of us will traveling together. Yay!

June 3, 2005 - Medical - Thanks to Bonnie for helping me sort out the medical part of my dossier. Thank you thank you thank you!!

June 22, 2005 - That awful sound you heard around three, was my bank account. I paid Living Hope, paid for my homestudy and paid for the I-600. $4745! Ouch! Also, nothing like being over prepared, I have created the Nov DTC group! http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dtcNOV2005/

June 28, 2005 - Homestudy – Part One - I met with Sharon at Sunamis in Gray. It wasn’t a bit scary until she mentioned coming to the house just the next week. I had some much little stuff to finish up! I had a head start on my homestudy because I requested info from Sharon months ago and I was able to give her a lot of stuff at the first meeting. If you want a speedy homestudy, do your bio in advance.

July 5, 2005 - Homestudy Part Two- The inspection part dum dum dum (<- ominous music) I think she was ok with most stuff. I have decking issues that will be fixed more towards the fall once I am DTC. I also have little stuff everywhere that needs to be finished. I have a whole year to finish up things so it was nice she didn’t want it done right now!

July 7, 2005 - Got my INS papers back, forgot my divorce decree. ARG!

July 15, 2005 - Homestudy done! I forgot what days the other two meetings were, everything is a blur when you are super busy. I also got my I-600 receipt back from INS, where is my fingerprinting letter?

July 23, 2005 - Tada! Fingerprinting letter! I’ll be in Nashville Thursday July 27th fingerprinted. I am going to crash at Amy’s house and eat sushi! Fun fun!

August 1, 2005 -Where is my 171H? (for those of you who have already adopted, I didn’t appreciate that snort..ha!). No really, I should expect it around the 3rd week of Sept, which will be 8 weeks. Until then, I will have to bore you with shopping stories and stories about other people’s babies!
Boy do we have a cutie in the group, little Olivia. She likes to bounce! Tonight was our monthly local meeting and her shower, lots of good food and lots of fun watching the kids run around. Michelle my new buddy (Hi Michelle!) who is adopting with another agency (boo hisss because she won’t get to travel with us) is way ahead of me and got to come to her first meeting. I can’t believe how strong she is being, she just bought her first 2 baby outfits and she will be DTC any minute now. For those of you who don’t know me well, I am a yard sale-r and I have hundreds of little outfits. A lot of them end up at the consignment store because I can only cram so many in her little closet :)

August 17, 2005 - I also got my final grade for my very last class and I’m never going back to school again yay! I officially now have an IT degree and MIS degree, I am now a super nerd! :)

August 31, 2005 - YIKES! Hurricane Katrina has officially destroyed New Orleans and has made it much harder for our gas to be shipped up the Mississippi up to Knoxville where it is stored. Local prices have jumped to 2.99-3.39 for 87 octane and 92 is sold out. The federal government says 92 percent of the Gulf Coast`s oil output has been shut-down due to Katrina. If you can get over the destruction, watching the impact of oil on the economy is very interesting.

No comments: