Saturday, September 02, 2006

WOOHHOOOOOOOOOOO

I made $431 at my yard sale today and I didn't even sell a 1/3 of my loot and I've not gone through 2/3 of my basement yet either. I've not had a yard sale in 10 years and it felt so good getting rid of things I really didn't need. I thought about being a little frivolous and popping that cash directly into my cruise fund but instead I am going to teach myself a lesson (ha, I am going to be one of THOSE parents!). That money, along with the cash from the second sale at the end of the month and the ebaying I'll be doing in a couple of weeks is going into a CD and I am going to keep it for a long long time -- it might even be the start of a college fund. That is what I get for blowing all that moola over the years, I am bad.

It really makes you think about your place in the world when people come in and evalute your "trash". We had THREE Cadillac Escalades pull into the sale today and they bought some stuff (knick knacky junk) and that just makes me nervous for some reason lol. Its like "oh no, is my loot good enough for people who can pay 60K for a vehicle?". Silly, I know....... but I think it.

My favorite person today was a young mom who needed clothes and she wore my size. I was so happy to see her walk away with all kinds of nice things that I marked it down even more for her. She was thankful that I was willing to part with it and I was thankful she was giving my stuff a good home. It's a win win!

Next sale is Sept 30th, wish me luck!

No comments: